Year 2 Home Learning – Thursday 25th February
Good morning Year 2!
We are looking forward to seeing you all back in school soon, but for now we need to keep trying our best with our home learning. There is a little bit of information here that it is important you read, just to refresh yourself on home learning.
1. We will continue to have our live zoom register at 10.20am. Please use the link you used before as this has not changed. If you need this resending, please email us. It is essential you attend this live zoom each morning so that you can say hello to your teachers and friends, and also to find out a little more about the day’s learning. Please bring a paper and soemthing to write with so you can take part in any live learning.
2. It is important you send us your completed work for us to check. You can take a photo of your completed work and email this to us. We can then provide you with individual feedback on your work, and offer any help or support needed. If we do not see your completed work, we are unable to offer praise or help to further your learning with that task. All work should be emailed to:
3. You can also email this address during the day if you need and guidance with the tasks or have any questions about the learning, and we will then be able to help you complete the task. Remember, you can also leave comments on the blog by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. These could be answers to the tasks or questions on the daily blog or you could share your ideas about the learning. We look forward to seeing your work!
Have a great day, and enjoy your home learning!
Miss Battams, Miss Duncan and the rest of the year 2 team.
Read the character descriptions in the video. Have a think about the kind of person you think they describe. You then need to link the descriptions up to match a job that you think that person would suit. Think about the kind of skills and personality a person has and why this might make them good at a certain job.
Start having a think about your dream job and how you would explain this to somebody. Can you use some sentence openers to write some simple sentences to start of your explanation about your dream job. Use the example below to help you.
When I grown up I want to be a nurse because I want to help people.
I am kind and caring so I can help people feel better.
You need to be hardworking and trustworthy.
I think being a nurse would be hardwork because you work for many hours without a rest.
Now it is your turn to use the sentence openers below to help you.
When I grown up I want to be… because…
I am … and… so I can…
You need to be… and…
I think being a … would be … because.
Watch the videos below to help you with your phonics learning.
Watch the video and solve the following problems.
It is important we try to keep ourselves fit and healthy whilst we are learning from home. Today you should log in to your online PE account and complete some of the activities. Your log in details were provided, but please email us if you need these again and we will send them to you.
Use this link to access the Jasmine PE log in with your details. https://real.jasmineactive.com/login
Remember, there are certificates available for those children who access and complete some of the tasks and you could also win star of the week certificates. You can also take a look at the PE blog for some videos and help with PE at home. Don’t forget you can also take part in the virtual school games. Look out for the posts on the blog with the details.
Handwriting and Spellings
It is important we continue to practice our handwriting to help us to form our letters correctly. We should also practice spelling our Year 2 words to help us with our reading and writing. You can use these letter formations we use in school to help you form your letters correctly when you practise your spellings. You do not need to copy this alphabet out.
Remember, you should be practising writing these words down on paper and not typing them into the blog comments as this will not help develop your handwriting skills.
1. Warm up your fingers before you start!
Wiggle your fingers up high, down low, to the side and in front of you.
Stretch your fingers out like fireworks twelve times.
2. Can you write the following KS1 words at least four times? Remember to leave a finger space between each one.
3. Tick your neatest formation and be proud of your handwriting.
Reading and Story Time.
Here is today’s story read by Miss Battams. It is a short story called Chicken Licken. It is a story with a twist ending.
We have an online log in which will link to some ebooks that follow our reading scheme in school. These books will allow your child to practice their phonics skills. It is a free resource. You will need to register for a free parent account to access the books. This does not take long to do and is very easy.
Follow this link to log in: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/?selLanguage=en&mode=hub
Go to Oxford Owl for Home and click on enter site. This will give you the option to choose a book recommended for your age or you can choose a book from the colour you read at school. These are all free to read and it would be great if you could read one to someone at home.
3 thoughts on “Year 2 Home Learning – Thursday 25th February”
gold gold gold
cold cold cold
hold hold hold
told told told
both both both
Homework and PE done. Play time now ☺️
Well done for completing your work. I agree it’s time for playtime!
Miss Battams 🙂