In today’s lesson you will learn about a range of jobs carried out by people and explore how much people can earn by doing these different jobs. You will also learn to appreciate the contribution made by people in different jobs. This means that you will know what those people do and why it is important.
Below are some job cards. Your first task is to put those jobs in what you think is their order of importance. Think about why you feel that some jobs are more important than others.
Next, you are going to think about the salary for each of these jobs. A salary is the amount of money you earn, in this case over a year.
Here are the salaries for each job. Can you match them to the correct job?
£26,000, £32,000, £24,000, £22,000, £21,000, £18,000, £39,000, £71,000, £9,000, £14,000, £44,000, £14,000, £40,000, £20,000, £27,000, £676,000.
Then, in this video, you can find out the correct salary for each job.
- Who earns the most and why this might be?
- Are the salaries for each job fair?
- Who contributes the most to society? (this means who does the most for people).
- Who should earn the most based on the job they do?
- Which three jobs do you think contribute the most to society?
You should write at least 100 words all together.
You should spend at least 45 minutes on this.