One book that I think is similar to Deeplight is the Percy Jackson series of books because of the link between Gods.
I would like you to go to the following website and complete the activities based on an extract from Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief.
Last week, I gave the link to watch Harry Potter read the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Follow the link below to listen to a star from the theatre show ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’.
If it asks you to login in, use the following details:
What do you know about volume?
Remember that volume is looking at the space inside a 3D shape. It can also be called capacity.
Here is a video to help remind you:
So it is simple. To find the volume of a shape, you need to do length x width x depth. Don’t forget to use the symbol ³ at the end of your answers to show that we are dealing with the volume.
Can you find the volume of these cuboids?
Now check your answers.
Using the information that you have learnt, are you able to fill in the missing boxes?
Now check your answers:
Finally, using the skills that you have learnt this week, can you find the volume of these compound shapes?
Now check your answers:
Design and Technology
We are going to have a look at how and why some designs are made. Read the information and watch the videos at the following site:
You can choose to do one of the activities, both of the activities or you can design something of your own choice. Maybe think about something that would be helpful in this situation or generally in modern day life.
After half term, we will be completing some work to get you ready for secondary school including things like reading your daily timetable, road safety for those of you who will travel to school alone etc.
What I want you to do is to send me a list of anything you want us to go over (nothing is too small or big). Any questions that you have, we will try to answer them, any worries that you have, we will try to get rid of them. You can send me the questions/list on the blog or through the e-mail.
Now that you have completed many Mindfulness May tasks, I want you to come up with one of your own. It can be a personal one and something that you want to think about or reflect on or it could be one to help someone else. The choice is yours.
Other tasks you could do today:
- Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p08b0ct7 and watch a Shakespeare play for free.
- Go to Saints TV on YouTube and watch an old Saints game.
- Complete some activities on your NPAT Reading Bingo challenge (this is still running)
- Go on a virtual tour of Buckingham Palace and learn about royal history at https://www.royal.uk/virtual-tours-buckingham-palace
- Complete some science experiments athttp://www.sciencefun.org/kidszone/experiments/
- Go on a virtual tour of Ancient Mayan ruins at http://sunfunnelmedia.com/pano/xunantunich/Xunantunich-belize-mayan-ruin-pyramid-virtual-tour.html
- Make a time capsule about your time in lockdown that you can look back on in years to come and share with your children or grandchildren. https://kidsofthewild.co.uk/2020/03/29/make-a-time-capsule-coronavirus-covid-19-kids/ here are some ideas to help you out.
I will be putting some tasks up for you on Monday that you can complete over half term if you wish!
If not, have a lovely half term and well doe for all of your hard work.