Research some different poems that you might like. Here are some websites to help you out:
Choose your favourite and create a performance. This could be using movement or dance or it could just be in the way you say each line. If possible, film ask an adult to film you and e-mail it to me or post it to the blog.
Now it is time to put all of your maths knowledge together and try out the maths quiz below. I have also attached the answer sheet. If you can print this off, great, if not just have it open on your screen as some of the information that you need is on the quiz. If neither of these are possible, e-mail me and I will send you the information by e-mail.
What do you think is meant by the term pilgrimage?
The definition is: a journey to a place of particular interest or significance.
Who might go on a pilgrimage?
We are going to focus on religious pilgrimages and to start we will look at the Islamic pilgrimage to Hajj.
Watch the information and watch the videos at the link below:
Now have a look through the PowerPoint.
Now answer these questions:
- What is the Islamic pilgrimage known as?
- Where does it take place?
- How often does it happen?
- When does it take place?
- Why do Muslims go on pilgrimage? Explain in as much detail as you can.
- Why is Mecca so important?
- Explain what happens at Hajj.
- What do people wear at Hajj?
- What are the two mounts called?
- Where do people camp?
- What festival comes at the end of Hajj?
Muslims across the world are currently having Ramadan (fasting). Have a look here to see how Ramadan, Eid and Hajj will be very different this year.