Today’s activities are all based around World Book Day.
At 11 o’clock we will be having a special World Book Day quiz on Zoom so don’t miss it!
For your work today, we would like you to focus on either your favourite book or a book by your favourite author.
For this book, you should complete as many of these tasks as possible:
- Create a new front cover for this book. Include relevant illustrations (pictures), the title and the author. You can use the template below or just draw your own.
- Write a new blurb for the back of your favourite book. Remember to include a short summary of what the book is about and try to convince others to read it! You can use the template below or create your own.
3. Choose your favourite book character (it can be from your chosen book or a different one). Use description and quotes from your book to build up a picture of what they are like. You should use the headings below when writing about your character. You can present your work in a way that suits you.
4. Pretend you are one of the characters from your book. Write a diary entry for one day.
5. Interview the author! Imagine that you have the opportunity to interview the author of your favourite book. What would you ask him or her? Try to come up with at least 5 questions.
6. Make up some quiz questions you could ask someone about this book to test if they have read it properly. Try to come up with at least 5 questions.
7. Make up a word search using key words or characters from the book. You could use the template below for this or create your own.