Maths- 75 minutes
Data is really important. We have statistics around us all the time, in newspapers, on tv, on the internet. But sometimes these numbers don’t really mean anything to us.
Watch this video, which breaks down some interesting statistics about our world population.
Which statistic surprised you the most? Why?
Now have a go at one of these tasks.
Something to think about
This graph is quite unusual- it combines a line graph with a bar chart.
There are thirty children in Class 5. All the first part of the summer term they had been doing a project collecting data about themselves and making all sorts of lists, charts and graphs to present it.
Now it is June and they are going to present all they have done in the project to the whole school. There is double excitement in the classroom that day because it is also one of the children’s birthdays.
- Description of Athens
- Egeus’ speech
- Hermia and Lysander planning to leave Athens
- Helena deciding to tell Demetrius
- Description of the forest
- Puck and the fairy
- Titania and Oberon
- Helena and Demetrius arguing
- Oberon’s plot
- Puck putting the potion on Lysander
- Lysander falling in love with Helena
Now we need to add on
- Hermia and Helena arguing
- Puck putting everyone to sleep
- Sorting out the love potion
- Duke Theseus finding the lovers and announcing a triple wedding
- You might also choose to write about Puck’s final speech- or not.
Remember I want to see your best writing. I have been really happy with your texts so far- think about punctuation, vocab, sentence types, and a mix of direct and reported speech.
Most importantly, when you’re done, read through your whole text out loud to check through.
Between 100-150 words should give you enough to write a great ending.