It’s Monday and a whole new month! Have a great day Year 3. Watch out for the BREAKING NEWS!
Here is a brain teaser to start your day!
Look’s like we have had some visitors and it looks like, the play/ story has moved back into the magical forest. Read through the note and try answering the questions below.
- Why does Oberon need a purple flower? (Think back to his argument with Titania)
- Who do think the Athenian man was, who was having an argument with an Athenian lady?
- Look at the last point, number 3, does Puck follow this order? (Think what we know he does)
- If someone is Athenian, where are they from? (Look at the spelling and think where we have been for the last couple of weeks)
- What do we know about Puck?
Two worlds have collided (come together). The story of the lovers in Athens has moved into the magical forest. And the drama continues…
Please watch the news flash which has occurred in the forest. What has happened now?
Can you change these speech bubbles into direct speech? Direct speech uses:
- speech marks to show when someone is talking
- a comma or an exclamation mark before you close speech marks
- describe how the person said it. Don’t just say said – think how they said it.
Now try these and keep watching the video to help decide how the person said it. Remember they are character so don’t use real name, they are from the play! if you don’t know who they are you could say ‘the boy’ ‘the friend’ ‘the witness’ ‘the strange creature’.
Here are four speech bubbles from the video/ news report:
Great to see children practicing their handwriting and showing in their written work. Keep up the good work and let’s see some of these joins in your written work.
This online safety video is about sharing videos and pictures. Discuss these parts of the story and decide which emoji you would place next to it.
- Mo is playing with her friends.
- Mo is taking silly pictures with Jessie and Tia.
- Mo’s picture is shared with people at school.
- Miss Humphrey says she will help.
Thinking about Miss Humphrey, who are your trusted adults if something happened online which you needed to talk to someone about?
Here is a ‘helping hand’ you have these at school and they are inside your locker, so you know who you could talk to if you had a worry or needed to talk to someone. On the thumb and fingers write down the adults you would talk to. You can decorate and have this placed somewhere at home: like in your bedroom, on the fridge, by the front door as reminder if you need to talk to someone.
Here is a diagram of a Roman soldier. Label and colour following the instructions. Decorate the shield. Perhaps you can make a Roman shield from an old cardboard box.
Roman soldier Here is a power point with more detail about what Roman soldiers wore. You can add extra information to your soldier diagram.
Time to Talk:
Story time with Miss Bowler: https://youtu.be/Jl8n4kYjlhM