Warm up activity:
Complete this colour by numbers with a twist! Print it off if you can, if not, use your computer skills. There are a few to choose from. Feel free to complete them all!
Today, we are going to focus on acrostic poems. Can you remember what they are?
Have a look at the information on this page:
Now have a look at these examples of acrostic poems
Have a go at writing your own acrostic poem about anything you want.
Here are some ideas:
– Ice Cream
Try and complete some of these problems
Continue working on your transition booklet. Today, I would like you to finish completing the questions from yesterday.
Then, go on to your school’s website and complete the virtual tour. Can you use that to find some routes around the school?
Other tasks you could do today:
- Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p08b0ct7 and watch a Shakespeare play for free.
- Go to Saints TV on YouTube and watch an old Saints game.
- Complete some activities on your NPAT Reading Bingo challenge
- Go on a virtual tour of Buckingham Palace and learn about royal history at https://www.royal.uk/virtual-tours-buckingham-palace
- Complete some science experiments at http://www.sciencefun.org/kidszone/experiments/
- Go on a virtual tour of Ancient Mayan ruins at http://sunfunnelmedia.com/pano/xunantunich/Xunantunich-belize-mayan-ruin-pyramid-virtual-tour.html
- Make a time capsule about your time in lockdown that you can look back on in years to come and share with your children or grandchildren. https://kidsofthewild.co.uk/2020/03/29/make-a-time-capsule-coronavirus-covid-19-kids/ here are some ideas to help you out.
- Create a garden scavenger hunt that all of your family can take part in. It could be as simple as find a stick, find a red insect or you could create clues that they have to follow to find the ‘treasure’.