Good Morning Year 1,
It’s time to celebrate some of the fabulous work that you have been doing at home during the past week …
A big well done to all of you! Keep working hard and setting the standard at home!
Here are today’s activities:
1. Sounds-Write Phonics
|(Link to Science)
Follow these instructions to plant your seeds:
· Find a small pot that you can plant your seeds in. Don’t worry if you don’t have a pot – with an adult, you can very carefully cut a plastic water bottle in half (and then you could even decorate it – if you would like to).
· Fill half of your pot with soil.
· Take your seeds and sprinkle them on top of the soil.
· Take another handful of soil and put it on top of the seeds (so that the seeds are covered and you can’t see them).
· Pour a small amount of water onto the soil.
· Leave your flower to grow in a suitable place – water it when necessary (check your packets for how often)!
Question to think about: What is your seed going to grow into?
|1. Warm up ~ Counting in tens and ones:|
|Does anyone still make shoes in Northampton?#
(The below links take you to images/websites of other shoe factories that are still open)
Churches Shoe Factory
Dr Marten’s Factory
Tricker’s Shoe Factory
Choose one of these factories and create a poster to advertise and show people what type of shoes they make and what their factory looks like inside – to make people want to visit their factory!
Have an amazing day,
Miss Simons, Mrs Brookes and Mrs Roberts : )
P.S. Here’s another bedtime story for you read by Mrs Roberts – it is one of our favourites so we hope that you enjoy listening to it!