Hello Year 2
We are so proud of how you have adapted to home learning and we are thrilled with the work we have seen.
Now that it is the Easter holidays, we want you to have fun and relax.
We won’t be posting on our blog over the holidays. Instead, over the break we would like you to do some of these:
- Read a book to someone
- Watch your favourite TV show
- Help make a meal
- Do something you have never done before
- Play a game
- Have a dance party in your living room
- Sing your favourite song
- Find as many objects that are yellow in your household
- Draw anything you like
- Watch a film like you are at the cinema.
- Look at the sky – what can you see?
- Tell a joke
- Be an actor or actress and act out your favourite story
- Draw and decorate an Easter egg
- Build something out of construction equipment such as Lego.
- Write a story that includes your favourite character.
- Help an adult your house with a job.
Carry on with any exercises you have been doing as we want you fit and healthy when we come back to school.
Below are some ideas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhWDiQRrC1Y Cosmic Yoga – pick any yoga session you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w Joe Wicks Workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-UYZOeshBo Zumba workout – start at 28 seconds.
Below are some counting songs that the children have enjoyed in class so have a sing-song with them over the holidays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVyBQ5uTbo – three times table song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EemjeA2Djjw – counting in 5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftati8iGQcs&list=PLM95cb_Szq3am4n6jJw127QbBlDivZgIc – counting in 10s
Over the last few weeks, you have made us proud to be your teachers.
Even though it may feel strange or worrying that our school is closed, you have shown how mature and resilient you are.
We hope you and your whole family have a lovely Easter holiday and take care,
Miss Duncan and Miss Battams.