You should have lots of reasons to smile today – not only is it Friday but we have World Book Day next week (4th March – remember you need to make your costumes from things at home and show on the zoom – even if it is just a mask) and it is one whole week until you are back with us and get to see all your friends! WHOOP! WHOOP!
Roman pots were made by hand and the potter (person who made the pot) would carve not only patterns but pictures, which would tell a story! We would like you to become story detectives and use your great inference skills (use clues) and see if you can explain what is happening in the pictures on each pot. You need to write an inference for each pot – there is not a right or wrong answer.
Mrs. Denny has written a description of the city, as if she was Tranio. She really needs your help with editing her work, she has made many mistakes in her work. Can you help her?
You can use a purple pen or pencil to circle the mistake and write the correction. You need to check for:
- capital letters for names
- correct tense – past tense
- spelling words you should know how to spell
- check the sentence make complete sense.
Here are some acts of random kindness online. Try and see if you can do some of these to spread kindness to your friends and class mates online.
- Email us or add a comment on the blog of an inspirational quote to show kindness. For example: ‘Kindness is free, sprinkle it everywhere.’
- Say something kind to one of the children who have been on our blog. For example ‘ I think that you have worked really hard. ‘
- Like one of our phonics videos or story time videos on YouTube to show you appreciate the adults hard work.
- Send an email to the Year Three email. Naming someone – adult or child to show how they have been kind to you – adults you may need to help.
- Draw a picture showing kindness and display in your window – send us a picture to our email to show how you have spread kindness.
Can’t wait to see your acts of kindness. Please do not just do it today – try and keep it going when you are online, on our blogs or watching our YouTube videos.
Here is a lovely rainbow peacock. Have a go at drawing it and stick it in the window to cheer everyone up!
Riddle of the day:
I go all around the world, but never leave the corner. What am I?
Story time: https://youtu.be/zcOEjbTghXI