Here is our comprehension activity. Read the text below and have a go at answering the questions.
Answers will be posted later.
- Why did the team need to make alterations to Nomad before taking it to Antarctica?
- Why do you think the team call ordinary rocks “meteor-wrongs” (line 17)?
- How do you think the author felt when Nomad found its first meteorite in Antarctica? How can you tell?
- The word “nomad” means a person who travels from place to place and has no permanent home. Why do you think the team chose to call their robot “Nomad”?
- The author describes Nomad as a “hero” (line 30). Do you agree that it is a hero?