Computing – Thursday 11th February
ONLINE USE AND SAFETY
What would you do in the following 3 situations? Think about them and, if possible, discuss each one with a grown-up. Share your thoughts and ideas.
20 thoughts on “Computing – Thursday 11th February”
1) I would copy and paste it and change some of it (50%).
2) Lay down on your back straight.
3) YOU NEVER GIVE PERSONAL DETAILS!
1. The problem with your suggestion is that you are still using a large chunk of someone else’s work and claiming it to be your own. Even if you change some of it, he writing will still feel like someone else’s and you might not understand it fully.
Maybe you would be better off taking notes of he better ideas but then writing the whole piece yourself which includes these ideas and others but in your own words.
2. Yes, you probably need to change position and think about your posture whilst sitting at the computer. It’s important that we also get up and move regularly.
3. I agree – if something is not right and there is no good reason to give personal details then don’t. At your age, always seek adult advice before telling anyone anything online.
1. Stop but use their idea’s so you can get information otherwise that’s not fair the person.
2. Turn the Computer of immediately and do some exercises to help your self.
3. Don’t accept and find another video as there is 7 billion people with videos, not 1 video in the world!
1. I agree. There is no harm in using ideas but copying it is unfair and can get you in a lo of trouble. Take notes of the bits that help you but the final piece must be your own.
2. Yes, a break would be a good idea. It’s important to keep moving so getting up regularly helps. Also, think about how you sit when a a computer. Your posture is important as if you as if you sit badly then this can cause muscle pains.
3. Yes. Never give personal details when there is no need to. And always seek adult advice whenever your details are asked for.
1 – grab little bits of information but do the work myself
2 – have a rest
3 – wouldn’t join in because I don’t want to give my personal details
Sound advice Cody!
1. Totally agree. There is little harm in using it to get ideas but it needs to be your work.
2. Definitely! We all need to remember to move regularly whilst sitting at a device. Thinking about how we sit (our posture) is important too as sitting in the wrong way (for example, slumped)can cause muscle ache.
3. Agree – always get adult advice when asked for personal details.
I would use this for inspiration but change it into my own words and not copy someone
I would take a break and rest with a drink to get hydrated
I would not give personal details to an unreliable source
Good advice Finlay.
1. dont copy it because you will get in trouble.
2. go of the computer for a while.
3. dont do it.
Good advice George.
For number 1, why else should you no copy it? Would it help you to learn?
because its not good to copy
use the information but in your own words
move position and keep moving
Good advice Kiran.
1. I would see what they did to get better ideas for my own writing, I wouldn’t copy and paste it as my work.
2. Means that I spent too long on computer. I would take a long break for stretching and shake my wrists a bit.
3. I would just look at the comments but not write in there as I wouldn’t give my personal details online. And if I really want to add a comment I would ask an adult for help.
Good advice for all 3 Alex!
Take bits out .
Never give personal data and information
Can you explain these with a bit more detail? When you say “take bits out”, what exactly do you mean?
For number 2, rest is good. Is there anything else that would help?
I agree on 3. Always check with an adult and as a rule, don’t give out personal data.
Take out bits of information and facts.
Have a rest with a drink and relax.
1) I would not do that because you never if there work is wrong and it is mean to take somebody’s else’s work.
2) I would stop computing and maybe go outside to do some exercise or kick a ball about
3) I would not sign in the forum because you have to give your give your personal details and also because is could cause a virus .
1. Do not copy and paste the text as this is cheating and not your own work
2. if your wriat and neck hurts you should come away and take a break
3. Never enter pesonal details online without an adults permission