Dear parents and carers
We have had another great week with the children – I hope that they have been telling you what they have been doing. They have settled in well and are becoming familiar with our routines and high expectations for their behaviour.
If they are reluctant to share what they have been doing, here are some things that you could talk to them about.
What is happening here? When do the children all sit together reading books? What is super sitting?
What do we learn in phonics? Why is phonics important?
How do you hold a phonics pen correctly? Mrs O’Hagan gives you some help here so that you can practise at home.
Who are these creatures that live in our classroom?
A few reminders please –
- From next week all children need to arrive at 8.45am
- If you would like your child to have a little snack with their milk in the afternoon, please send in £1 a week
- Please ensure that your child has a named water bottle (no juice) as we cannot currently have self service water with cups in case they share the cups.
- Please remember to login to Tapestry – you should have received an activation e-mail, if not please check your spam folder.
- Please name all items of clothing.
Thank you and we hope you have a lovely weekend!
The Reception Team