Morning Year 4,
Today you are going to use your plan to write your first person narrative, a story as if you were the light. If you missed yesterday’s go back and watch the video.
Use the headings to write in paragraphs.
Features you need to include:
- fronted adverbials to show the story is moving on. Remember to use a comma.
- expanded noun phrases – really describe as the light what you see on your journey
- first person – I, me, myself – remember you are the light telling the story.
- exclamation, command, statement and questions in your story. Remember when using exclamation marks – you need to use What or How. For example: What a wonderful journey this is!
- writing in past tense
- writing in paragraphs
- try to use a range of punctuation – ? ! , . ( ) ” ” …
- short sentences using suffixes, for example: Excitement all around me.
- longer sentences with more detail
Remember to use your plan and include as many features as you can.
We look forward to reading your stories as the light.
The Year 4 Team