Hello Year 4, We hope you are ok and staying safe.
Today we are going to plan a first person narrative – a story written from the point of view of a character or object. Here is a link to the video, you can watch it several times and imagine you are writing as if you are the light on a journey.
You need to write notes and use these headings to help structure your writing. REMEMBER YOU ARE THE LIGHT. You can decide where your light has come from.
Start of the journey.
- How are you feeling? (remember you are the light – I,me, myself) 3 words to describe
- Fronted adverbial to show start of the journey.
- Three expanded nouns to describe what you see – try to avoid using colours – really describe the noun.
- Exclamation sentence – Starts with how or what… for example, What a wonderful journey this is!
Discovering the landscape.
- How are you feeling now? (you are still the light -I,me, myself) Use three different words and phrases to describe.
- Fronted adverbial, to show your journey has move on.
- Three expanded nouns to describe what you see on your journey.
- Command- what do you want to happen?
Travelling further into the landscape.
- Where are you now? (you are the light – I,me, myself)
- How are you feeling? Has your mood changed or stayed the same? Why?
- fronted adverbial to show you are further on in your journey.
- Can you name the space between you (the light) and the landscape, using suffixes? Think back to the Drama we have done on this. e.g. excitement, (words/ feelings ending with -ness, -tion, -ment, -sion) Create a list of at list of at least 5 suffixes you could use.
- Statement – tell us something that is true, that you can see or you know is happening.
End of the Journey.
- Fronted adverbial to show the journey has ended
- End your journey with a question.
- What do you hope or wish for as the light now the journey has ended?( I,me, myself)
Use headings and bullet points to hand write your plan and send a photo to email@example.com or use these headings in the comments. Your plan needs to be as detailled as possible so you can write your first person narrative tomorrow.
Look forward to reading your plans soon.
Mrs Denny, Mrs Baldry and Miss Bishop