Good morning Year 4, we hope you enjoyed the long weekend and managed to enjoy some of the VE Day celebrations. If you have any photos of your celebrations or work you have completed on VE Day, please email them to email@example.com as we would love to share them on our blog.
Today’s comprehension is about our Queen, which links well with our history unit on Chnaging Monarchy.
Take your time to read the text carefully and please remember to answer the questions in full sentences.
- Before she was Queen Elizabeth II what was her title?
- What was the phrase ‘clocked up’ mean in the opening paragraph?
- What is the name of the Queen’s only daughter?
- Name three things mentioned in the text that she did during the war.
- Write down three things mentioned in the text that show the Queen was an active person.
- Why do you think that the author has used an exclamation mark at the end of the opening sentence?
- Why do you think the Queen sends people a telegram when they are 100?
- Do you agree with the last sentence of the text? Explain why.
Look forward to reading your work later.
The Year 4 Team