Today we are going to recap our knowledge on phrases and clauses.
Can you think of any of the phrases and clauses we have learnt so far i.e expanded noun phrase, subordinate clause etc.
Go through this PowerPoint reading the information and completing the tasks on the different types of phrases and clauses.
Now complete this table:
|The red balloon floated above the treetops.|
|At midnight, the church bell chimed eerily.|
|The majestic elephant trumpeted loudly at the surprised tourists.|
|Noah slurped his milkshake as quickly as possible.|
|On Saturday, I went to the cinema.|
|Penny sang beautifully at the school concert.|
|Next year, we are visiting New York.|
|Lara and Zoe skipped along the seafront.|
Write some examples of the different phrases and clauses that you have looked at.
Today we are going to look at what angles add up in quadrilaterals – can you guess? Hint: think of a square.
We are also going to put all of the skills together that we have learnt so far in order to find some really difficult missing angles. Let’s see how you do!
Follow the instructions on the PowerPoint.
Now go back to the PowerPoint to check your answers and continue to the next step.
Use this if you need a reminder over the next few tasks.
Task 3: For the following questions, you will need to use other angle knowledge i.e. angles on a straight line etc.
Task 4: This questions involve algebra and are particularly challenge. Only tackle these if you have fully understood the blue and yellow boxes because I don’t want you to lose confidence on this final step.
Think back to the symbol work that you completed last week.
Task 1: See if you can draw an electric circuit using some of the symbols. Hint: You will not need everything to make a bulb light up, but there are certain parts you will have to include.
Here are some examples of what you could have drawn:
What did you notice was similar about all of the circuits?
Read the text below about the history of electricity and then answer the questions.
- What does the word ‘electricus’ mean?
- Write a brief explanation about the discoveries that each scientist made.
- Did Thomas Edison invent the lightbulb? How do you know?
- Write 2 examples of modern electrical appliances that use a motor.
- The voltaic pile ensured a steady electric current. Why did this lead to the wider use of electricity?
- How are the AC and DC currents different? Include two examples.
- Who won the war of the currents and why?
Reconnect with nature today, even if you are stuck indoors.
- Paint/draw a picture from your window or of your favourite scene
- Spend some time in your garden
- Use boxes etc to create a bug hotel
- Watch an episode of Blue Planet or Planet Earth