Morning Year 6, I hope you had a good weekend.
Below are a selection of activities and challenges that you can chose to do over the half term holidays. You do not have to do them, but if you would like to complete one, some or all of them, please do. Some are the same as from Easter.
- Edinburgh travel guide
I had booked a trip to Edinburgh for the first week of the Easter holidays and by now I should be exploring what Edinburgh has to offer. Unfortunately, it has been cancelled however, I fully intend to rebook my trip for another time. Due to everything that happened, I didn’t get any time to actually plan my trip so I would like you to do it for me and create me an information booklet with what you think I should do and see whilst I am there.
I am planning to be in Edinburgh for 5 nights, 4 days and would like to spend all of my time exploring Edinburgh and the surrounding areas. I would ideally like a trip to the Highlands as well. I also want to make sure that I see all of the important sights and attractions and I love a hop on hop off bus to get me around places. I don’t mind spending full days exploring and being very tired when I get back!
Things to think about/include:
– How should I get to Edinburgh? Train, plane or car?
– What am I going to enjoy doing?
– What are the main sights of Edinburgh that shouldn’t be missed?
– Where should I stay?
– Are you able to plan each day thinking about what can fit on each day? (I plan to travel up on the Sunday, explore Mon-Thurs and travel back on the Friday.
Good websites to get you started on your research:
– A lot of Harry Potter was written in Edinburgh,
– I really enjoy learning about royal history.
- Fitness workout
As I am sure you have found out, staying in all the time means a lot of sitting down!! This is not good for our health. Are you able to create a 30 minute workout/fitness programme that the class can use to help keep them fit and healthy?
Things to think about:
– Make sure you include a warm up and a stretch down.
– Will you include music suggestions?
– Make sure everyone can complete the exercises at home.
– Will people need to get equipment before starting?
– Make sure your exercises are explained clearly. Could you include diagrams to help?
E-mail me over your completed fitness plans and they will be used on the blog/in school after Easter.
- Bring Back Benin!
I am still hoping that we will get to celebrate our Bring Back Benin day at some point before the year ends but can you help me plan the day?
Things to think about:
– What activities will we do?
– What will we wear?
– What will we eat/cook? Can you find recipes that we can use?
– What will the timetable of the day be? Remember to include lunch and break time.
- Board Game
Challenge your family to a board game challenge or marathon. If you haven’t got any board games that you want to play, could you make your own? All you will need is some paper and a pencil to draw out the game but don’t forget to write a set of instructions.
- Escape Room competition
There is a competition being run for under 14 year olds at the following website:
This competition asks you to design a new escape room that people can complete at home. The winning designs will be made into real home escape room kits.
Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Treasure Hunt
Organise a treasure hunt for your family. You could use clues to get your family searching for an end goal.
- Come dine with me
Organise a cooking competition with your family. Maybe you could each make one dish and then you all have to score it. Maybe the winner gets to choose which film to watch that night.
- Create a bug hotel in your garden. We are coming into the season where our gardens will soon be full of insects and they could do with a safe place to be. Use this website to give you ideas.
Well done Year 6, you have made me very proud over the last few weeks. Stay safe and have a good half term and I look forward to seeing some of you next week.