Good morning Year 5 – ready to learn?
a) Tell us what you have been reading for the last week. We need to see:
• The days that you have read
• What you have read (book, pages etc.)
• A brief description or comment about your reading
• Anything that you have learnt
• Any other comments, questions or queries that you may have.
b) Write a book review for a book that you have recently read. This should include:
• Title, author and whether it is fiction/non-fiction
• Star rating (out of 10) and reasons why
• A description of the book – describe characters, plot, settings
• What you liked/didn’t like
• Who you would recommend this book to. Who would it be suitable for? Age/interests
• An illustration from the book. If it is fiction, use your imagination and the description in the text to create your own illustration of any scene. This can go into your home learning pack.
• Examples of literary effects – similes, metaphors, alliteration, personification, onomatopoeia
• The story could be better if…….
- Read the following text and answer the questions:
Who were the main actors? Why do you think this was?
How would an actor show a different emotion or character?
Which word means the same as shaped?
Most of you obviously aren’t in school a the moment but the following task can still be done from home. It’s perhaps easier to look at the recipes below, but if you use your own, tell us what the recipe was and still use the prices below.
We have read a little bit about Greek theatre today. Can you find out some more information. Share five facts with the class.
Any questions, let us know via the blog or e mail, as usual.
We are really missing you all.
Mrs Millard, Mrs Leeming and Mrs Munro XXX