Morning Year 4,
Great to see so many of you accessing the blogs and sending your work via emails. Remember if you are touch with other children from Year 4 encourage them to blog!
Here is your reading comprehension task for today.
Please remember to answer the questions below in full sentences, where necessary.
- What time of day is it in the poem?
- Find and copy two things the star saw when she looked down.
- What did the star give the pool to keep?
- Look at Line 4. Why is the star’s face described as mirrored?
- Find and copy the line that shows us that the pig disturbed the peaceful setting.
- ‘The star grew pale and hid it’s face.’ Which word has the closest meaning to pale? twinkling, sparkly, colourless or bright.
- ‘A brown pig came to the little pool; It grunted and splashed and waded in And the deepest place but reached its chin.’ What do these lines tell us about the depth of the pool?
Enjoy reading the poem and look forward to reading your responses later.
The Year 4 Team
atWatwhaywhatfffdhdtehetehwhat wawhfind and copy finwhaloolook