Tuesday 21st April 2020 – Writing planning Task
Happy Tuesday Year 4!
Today’s task is planning a non- chronological report about your favourite animal. We have written a few non chronological reports in class so we should be experts.
- So your main title needs to be a question about your animal/ keep it open – e.g. What makes a penguin special?
- Introduction – use a sentence or two to describe what makes your animal special – is it endangered?
- Paragraph 1 – subheading as a question. (e.g. What does a penguin look like? Use bullet points/notes to write about an topic of your animal (e.g. habitat, food, appearance, survival, what do they do)
- Paragraph 2 – subheading as a question about a different topic about your animal. See ideas above -use bullet points/ notes
- Paragraph 3 – same as paragraph 1 and 2 just another topic – remember subheading as a question.
- Did you know? add three amazing facts about your animal
Remember this is only a plan, so write notes and use the numbers to help plan. Write your plan in the comments. You will use your plan tomorrow to write your report.
Look forward to reading your plans.
12 thoughts on “Tuesday 21st April 2020 – Writing planning Task”
What makes a cat special 😺???
A cat is totally different to it’s others e.g. lion, tiger. Why???
Cats inbetween others.
A cat has some sames and differences to the other animals
as it is agile and fast as a dog. It needs different environment than other animals since they are all different.
Cats inbetween each other.
Some are even different inbetween same species! Some need other space round them and some stay together and some do not. Some are lazy some aren’t.
Did you know-Cats.
Did you know that cats can only see shades of grey, blue, green and sometimes yellow?!?!?!
Did you know that boy cats are called Tom cats or Thomas cats?!?!?!
Did you know that 40% of cats have disease or illness?!?!?!
Sorry for such small amount but I had to do it now and then go somewhere.
Well done Franek, working hard again. Good job.
Why Cheaters Are So Fast.
Facts Why Cheetahs Are So Fast.
Cheetahs can run fast because they have large nostrils which means they breath more air when they run. Cheetahs also have an enlarged lungs and there hearts are to utilize the oxygen used properly. Last, the cheetahs tail helps them turn when they are running.
Why Do Cheetahs Pounce To Get There Pray.
The cheetah is a combination of ext – ordinary speed and is very strong, they are also quite snicky and skillful. Cheetahs are stand up carnivores they go after a large range of prey,but plants are not part of there diet.
How Many Cubs Can A Cheetah Have?
Cheetahs can have up to 4 – 5 cubs but some cubs but some can have up to 8 or 9 cubs in one whole birth. cubs are born with all the spots but are darker than the adults spots,they also have a stripe of silver going down there back which is called a mantle.
How Do Cheetahs Raise There Cubs.
Female cheetahs live there life in solitary and raise there cubs in isolation, male cheetahs will be tribes together with other males some times with there own brothers from the same litter. They also migrate into little herds adult females only associate with other males in oestrus time.
Well done Brooke, thank you for working hard.
1. What makes an African Bush Elephant special?
2. About African Bush Elephants-
• African Bush Elephants are one of the most vulnerable spices on the earth due to threat to their habitat destruction for meat and ivory. They are endangered as they are hunted for tusks for rich Ivory.
3. What does an African Elephant look like?
• They are the largest living terrestrial animal with high bulls.
• They are distributed across 37 African countries.
• They are social mammal and travel in herds.
• They can live up to the age of 60-70 years.
• The African Bush Elephants are herbivorous.
4. Why African Bush Elephants are endangered?
• African elephants are listed as threatened under the American Endangered Species Act.
• The species is at risk of extinction due to poaching for their tusks, which are sold on the black market.
• The African elephant population is at risk due to loss of habitat when mankind moves into the elephant’s range.
5. Which countries can have these elephants?
• Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda do have one of the biggest Elephants in the world.
6. Amazing facts about African Bush Elephant
• African elephants can have a weight of quarter of the weight of the blue whale.
• African elephants are the largest land animal in the world.
• The African Elephants have no predators against them.
Good job Hargun, keep up the good work.
1: How fast is the Peregrine falcon?
2:The Peregrine falcon is known for it’s speed. This falcon can dive at incredible speed’s which can be 240 mph the maxed out record for this bird was 244 mph.
3: Why is it so fast?
The reason why this bird can go so fast is because the bones are flexible and hollow the air can travel over the bird in the most efficient way. When the bird isn’t diving it has a maxed out speed of 50-60 mph.
4: Why are they endangered?
They are endangered as poacher’s poison them by putting poison in their food. Because they get poisoned their eggs grow thinner and more likely to smash which can lead to death. They are also endangered because of habitat loss.
5:Where do they live?
They live all over the place except the pole regions, mountain ranges and it’s true Northampton.
1. The falcon has fringes on the wings and tails and act as silencers.
2. This falcon has a wingspan of 100 cm.
3. It sometimes nests in a old nest from a crow
Well done Owen, thank you for your hard work.
Why are dogs special?
Dogs are special because they are great pets and have different jobs to help many different people.
What do they do?
* Dogs are family pets.
* Assistant dogs help many people with daily life.
* Police dogs help the police with there work.
What do they eat?
* Small amounts of vegetable matter.
How many types of dogs are there?
* 339 breeds of dogs.
* 10 groups depending on size, appearance, purpose or function.
* Groups are divided into subgroups.
Did you know?
* Dogs have an incredible sense of smell.
* Greyhounds can run up to 43mph.
* The tallest dog in the world is 44 inches tall.
Title:who is a panda?
Introduction:For my introduction I am going to write that pandas are endangered.
Paragraph 1:what does a panda look like: A panda is a cute fluffy bear that is black and white.
Paragraph 2:did you know? When pandas are born they are blind and pink!
Paragraph 3: when were pandas discovered?fluffy, cute red pandas were discovered in 1901 in north America.
Facts:did you know that pandas eat bamboo?
Did you know that pandas have carnivorous teeth?
Did you know that pandas live in china
Great plan Timur can’t wait to read your report
How the platypus looks like?
A platypus is a semi-aquatic mammal with a very unusual appearance. It’s duck-billed, beaver tailed and otter-footed mammal.
What’s so special about a platypus?
Well, except their weird looks, the platypus is a mammal that lays eggs. It has also got a venom and it uses electrolocation to sense their prey.
Where does the platypus live and what’s its habitat?
The platypus is a very rare animal and can only be found inn eastern Australia.
How many babies can platypus have?
Well, they lay 2-3 eggs per season.
Are there any other weird facts about a platypus?
Did you know, that platypus doesn’t have a stomach? Well, this is true, as its esophagus connects directly to the intestines.
Also a platypus is a nocturnal animals and sleeps on average upto 14 hours per day, unbelievable.