Happy Friday Year 4! We are nearly at the weekend.
Today, we thought you could build, make, bake, create… something and write instructions – add your detailed instructions into the comments part of this blog. Now, remember we are Year 4 so we should be thinking carefully about our word choices and making sure each step is clear. So we could pick them up and follow them without any help. Please send pictures of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to add these to our blogs.
Your written instructions need:
- a title that starts with How to….
- a list of equipment/ ingredients
- method with steps and useful tips which you can add in brackets
- imperative verbs – bossy verbs/ instructional words – place, add, combine – avoid using get and put that doesn’t describe what you need to do.
- fronted adverbials, – where, when – please remember commas in the right place to show fronted adverbial
- time phrases/ numbered steps to show order
Remember to keep your steps clear and easy to follow.
Enjoy creating and remember to include the features.
Mrs Denny, Mrs Baldry and Miss Bishop