Year 4 Music Task 2!
Here is another song that I hope you enjoy!
Listen to ‘Albatross’ by Fleetwood Man – it can be found on YouTube or ask Alexa!!
Play the song, and move to the pulse (this is a much more chilled piece of music than the last one)
Listen and appraise.
Do you like the song? Can you explain why you do and if you don’t also explain why.
What can you hear? Can you list the instruments you think you can hear playing in the song?
• The vocal line: how many singers? Male/female
• The backing accompaniment: how many instruments? Which ones?
• Which instruments play a solo if there is one?
• Is there a hook?
• The texture: is it thick or thin or somewhere in between? Are there many layers of sound or only one or two?
• The tempo: is it fast, slow or somewhere in between?
• The dynamics: is the music loud, quiet or somewhere in between? Is it the same throughout or does it vary?
• The arrangement: which voices/instruments sing/play in which sections?
What is the style of this music? Is it classical, pop, jazz, rap? What do you think and why?
How is the song put together? Does it have a chorus, pre-chorus, intro, instrumental solo, verse?
How does it compare to the previous piece you listened too?
You may want to listen to the song a few times. Jot your answers to the above in the comments section, but most of all enjoy the music!