Year 4 Music task
Year 4 Music Task
Here is a task I hope you enjoy!
Listen to ‘Walking on Sunshine’ by Katrina and the Waves – it can be found on YouTube or ask Alexa!!
Play the song, and move to the pulse (this is your excuse to dance around the house!)
Listen and appraise.
Do you like the song? Can you explain why you do and if you don’t also explain why.
What can you hear? Can you list the instruments you think you can hear playing in the song?
• The vocal line: how many singers? Male/female
• The backing accompaniment: how many instruments? Which ones?
• Which instruments play a solo if there is one?
• Is there a hook?
• The texture: is it thick or thin or somewhere in between? Are there many layers of sound or only one or two?
• The tempo: is it fast, slow or somewhere in between?
• The dynamics: is the music loud, quiet or somewhere in between? Is it the same throughout or does it vary?
• The arrangement: which voices/instruments sing/play in which sections?
What is the style of this music? Is it classical, pop, jazz, rap? What do you think and why?
How is the song put together? Does it have a chorus, pre-chorus, intro, instrumental solo, verse?
You may want to listen to the song a few times. Jot your answers to the above in the comments section, but most of all enjoy the song and dance along!!!
10 thoughts on “Year 4 Music task”
1) female singer
2) 3 electric guitars, one drum
3) at the beginning a drum and guitars
5) somewhere in between. More than one.
6) somewhere in between
8) The singer starts after instrumental solo. The instruments continue through all song.
10) instrumental solo, verses
Thank you for answering the questions. Remember full sentences in response
1. Female singer
2. 3 guitars and 1 drummer
3. At the start I heard a drumer and 1 guitar
4. Yes there is a hook
5. Thick because it was loud singing,well not that loud
6. In between because I can sing that fast
7. In between or quite, it’s in between yeah
8. The singer sings after the instrumental solo and all the way through it said” walking on sunshine, walking on sunshine so on
10. It has a chorus
Can you give me more work?
Excellent responses – did you like the song? Will you listen to it again? Do you want another to listen to?
Kristers, I love your enthusiasm and your eagerness to work but you need to take a break. Enjoy the sunshine. Try TT rock stars your log in is on the front of the pink file we sent home!
1. Theres 1 female singer.
2. Three guitars and a drum.
3. The drum starts it of then the guitars join in
4. There is a hook
5. I think it’s in the middle ( somewhere?)
6. For me it’s in between.
7. Not loud so it’s in between.
8. After a few seconds the singer starts singing,instruments play through out the song.
10. It has a chorus, I don’t know about a pre-chorus.
Good work Owen.
1. I do not like the song because it is very fast and a bit catchy when it comes to the chores.
2. drums,electric guitar, 1 mane singer, 3 back up singers and possibly a key board.
3. I think 3 singers 2 male 2 female.
4. I think drums had a solo but only for a short amount of time
5. i think yes, because of the chores it getts stuck in your head most of he time because it is very catchy.
6. If you listen at the start the music is fast and when you get to the last lines at the end it quietens when it finishes.
7. the song is a classic because it is over 20 years old as it came out in 1985 but we are in 2020 so if you do the math i will be 25 years old.
Great critique of the music Brooke thank you
I like this song as it makes me feel happy and gives me good memories
1. It’s a Female singer and male backing
2. I heard 3 guitars ,1 drum and maybe a trumpet
3. At the start I heard a drum a guitar and a trumpet
4. Yes there is a hook in the chorus
5. Thick because it was loud and a fast beat
6. In between it’s not fast like rap
7. In between and Varys
8. The guitars and drum play at the beginning and through the song and the lady sings after the intro
10. It has a chorus ,Verses and a intro