Buenas dias todos! Que tal?
Good day everyone! How are you?
Maths- 75 minutes
Today we’re moving on to rectangles. We know that rectangles are made of 2 sets of equal and parallel sides. We can use this to help us to work out the perimeter, if not all of the sides are given.
Watch the video.
Now try this
English- 90 minutes
Today, we will continue to follow the story of Will and the other boys. At the end of the session, you will have the chance to write a new entry in Will’s diary. Tomorrow we will be unpicking diary writing in more detail so continue to do your best until then.
Here is the next picture from the story. What can you see? What do you notice?
Here is the text that goes with this picture.
Think about what the text tells you. To help you, have a go at answering these questions:
- What does Freddie think that the boys should do and why?
- What position does Freddie play in the football team?
- Why are Billy’s eyes “shining with excitement”? What does this suggest about how Billy feels?
- How is Lacey related to Billy? Who is the eldest?
- Will says, “It would be an adventure, though.” Why is the word would in italics?
- What might Will mean by “adventure”? Do you agree with him?
- Why do you think Will believes that the war will be over by Christmas?
- What might Will mean by “be a pity to miss it”?
Look at what we already know about Will. What do we learn about Will in this scene? What would you add to the diagram below? Would you move anything which is already there?
Writing task – What would Will add to his diary? Write the next entry. You should look to write around 50 – 100 words.
On blog/ Jasmine