Year 4 English Task 23/02/21
Hi Year 4, here is your English task for today. You will see that the sentences you were putting back together yesterday are highlighted in today’s reading text. First job – read the text carefully, maybe a couple of times.
Second job – checking by exploring. You are super good at this now so choose three of the highlighted words from the text to explore further.
Third job – answer the questions. Good luck.
One thought on “Year 4 English Task 23/02/21”
1. Foretell, predict, and forecast mean’s to tell about or announce something before it happens. foretell is used when the future is revealed especially by extraordinary powers.
2. Foretell 2 syllables
3. He employed astrologers to foretell the exact hour of his father’s death. Instead, he could teleport and he could even foretell the future a little, in a dim sort of way.
4. Anticipate augur. signify portend.foreshadow.
1. A crater is a bowl-shaped depression, or hollowed-out area, produced by the impact of a meteorite, volcanic activity, or an explosion. This cheery crater on Mars was the result of a happy accident—a meteor impact.
2. Crater 2 syllables.
3. The crater is divided by a wooded rock-wall. This crater is still active. When it stopped, she twisted to see a crater at the end of the street near the river.
4. Antonyms, idiomatic expressions.
1. The remains of something broken down or destroyed digging through the storm’s debris in search of survivors sifted through the debris .
2. Debris 2 syllables.
3. She covered her head as dirt and debris rained over her. I wonder if there is debris blocking .
4. Detritus back pasture .junk .remains .rubbish.