Year 4 English Task 22/02/21
Good morning and welcome back! We hope you had a lovely (safe) half term break and that you are ready to get on with some more fantastic home/school learning!
Your lesson for today is on a new text – it is a story. Your first job is to complete the chopped up sentence activities. There are two to have a go at – the first one is relatively simple and the second is much more complex. Have a go at both, the real sentences will be revealed in tomorrow’s reading. Next, you need to think about what types of words have been used and what information you have got from the sentences. Have a go, and don’t forget to include punctuation.
One thought on “Year 4 English Task 22/02/21”
1. Another word for dreading is dread.
2. It has 2 syllables.
3. She was dreading the night. I walked slowly down the stairs dreading the day in store for me.
4. fear is related word to Dread.
1. A porous black solid, consisting of an amorphous form of carbon, obtained.
2. 2 syllables
3. He glanced up, a twinkle in the charcoal gaze
4. Water filtration. … Diarrhea. …
5. cinders dust
1. Adopt a position where the knees are bent and the upper body.
2. 1 syllables.
3. I crouched when we were playing tag.
4. Squat, grovel, scrunch, hunker, hunker-down, stoop, bend, bow, in-front and kneel.
5. Duck, get down.
1. Drive out or attempt to drive out (a supposed evil spirit) from a person or place.
2. 3 syllables
3. Exorcise your inner demon by dressing in black velvet and white lace. Her confessor directed her to exorcise the figure, and she obeyed with pain, but, it is needless to say, in vain. Tara’s mother wants money to exorcise her inner demons.
4. It Can Make You Feel Happier.
Somehow he likes in his dream’s dreading.
He has a green hood .
He’s called Robin.
He has a t shirt and cowboy hat and has green jeans.