Happy New Year Year 3!! Things are a little strange at the moment but Mrs Denny and Mrs Beckwith have set you some lovely work to do and we are still here to support you virtually. Here is a timetable for you to follow~:
Here are four images of a wood. Please answer these inferences questions in full sentences.
- Are there clues in the pictures that the forests are magical? Explain your answer – how do you know?
- What makes you think these forests are different? Do we really know what a forest looks like? Can it be all of these?
- If you could choose one picture – which one would have fairies. Give three clues in the picture that fairies live there?
- In the second picture what creatures might you find?
- In the fourth picture, what makes you think this is a scary forest? Explain your answer using the picture.
- Choose one of the pictures from the reading session and create a carpet of nouns. This is like what we would do in class where we take 10 pieces of paper and write down 10 nouns you can see and place on the floor. If you don’t have enough pieces of paper write 10 nouns spread out on one piece of paper.
- Now you can walk past the carpet of nouns or use your one piece of paper to add as many adjectives in different colour around the noun – remember not to use colours or words such as excellent, amazing, brilliant as these do not really describe the noun – use your imagination or you could ask an adult to help you.
- Now take another colour and add verbs – actions – what are those nouns doing? Add as many verbs you can think of.
- Pick your best three nouns and select adjective and verb to build simple phrases e.g. Crunchy leaves blowing, Slender branches waving, Soft moss still.
You will need this work for tomorrow. Take a photo of your carpet of words and your work. We have included a picture to help you with building carpet of words but use your own ideas.
We are starting multiplication this term. Have a look at the video and then answer the questions.
Watch the link below and discuss with an adult what messages Goldilocks learnt from this about being safe on Internet. Can you think of three key messages she learnt and you can add to the blog in the comments or email them to us.
We are going to learn about Hinduism this term. Watch these two videos and make a poster describing the main points.
Story Time – try some of these lockdown bingo challenges.
Enjoy: Miss Brian’s story time https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kp2HJdjVs
Can’t wait to see your work.
Mrs Denny and Mrs Beckwith