Good morning Year 4,
Today you can use plans if you did yesterday’s task, comments you added yesterday or if you haven’t look back at yesterdays’s blog so you can watch the video and create a quick plan. I have added the clip to remind you.
Today you are going to write the instructions to how the t shirt machine works.
You will need to include the following:
- an introduction to explain what the end result will be/ what will be made
- a list of materials/ equipment that will be needed to make the t shirt
- imperative verbs to describe what needs to be done to make the machine work, for example press, twist, release – use your plan – get , put, it – tells us nothing describe! These words are banned!
- each step should be each part you numbered yesterday – with verb and adverb (how you will make that part work)
- fronted adverbials use a comma, for example: Inside the tank, After that, As soon as,
- numbered steps – use your plan – should be atleast 10 steps.
- use brackets to add extra hints and tips to help the person reading your instructions work each part correctly,
- if you wish to handwrite you can add labelled diagrams.
Please make steps clear, detailled – you are Year 4 – go for it! You all know how to write instructions so think about the language you are using.
You can type your instructions using the structure I have bullet pointed in the comments or hand write and send a photo to our email!
Look forward to reading them later.
Mrs Denny, Mrs Baldry and Miss Bishop.