Good morning Year 2. It’s the start of a new week. Your learning looks a little bit different this week as lots of activities will be using online resources such as BBC bitesize. These BBC online lessons may include watching short videos then completing interactive activities and some written work. Where possible, we will put screenshots of the activities from the online lessons on this blog so that if you cannot do the activities online you can still access them. There is no new learning for you to do, as all activities will be about something that we have already taught you about in school.
Remember to email your work or leave a comment on the blog post to let us know how you have got on with your tasks today.
We hope to see you all soon!
Miss Battams and Miss Duncan.
Take a look at the daily lesson about writing command sentences. Click this link to access the learning https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zb7xprd
- Start by watching the short video about what imperative verbs are and how they are used in comand sentences.
- Complete activity 1 on the daily lesson page by highlighting the imperative verbs. If you cannot do this activity online, you could copy the sentence from here and underline the imperative verbs. This is the same sentence as is on the online lesson.
3. Complete activity 2 from the daily lesson.
Take a look at the daily lesson about fractions on BBC Bitesize. Click on this link to access the learning https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4j83j6
- Start by watching the short video reminding you what fractions are then join in with activity 1. Move along with the supermovers video to help you remember a bit more about what fractions are. Get up and get active with fractions! Don’t forget to sing along!
2. Have a go at completing activity 2. You can either print off the worksheet or you can draw and complete the fractions using the pictures of the worksheets below. The link to open and print off the worksheet is on the BBC bitesize page.
Something a little different for phonics today! Click on this link to access a phase 5 learning game. https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/phonics-frog?phase=5
Can you play phonics frog and help him to cross over the road. You need to read the words carefully to check that they have the correct spelling of the sound. Press the space bar to help him jump. Remember you can only land on the logs with the correct spelling!
Play the game practising with the spellings : ay, ou, ie, ea, oy
You need to click on the home button on the phonics frog page to change the spelling of the sound.
Last week history was made when Space X launched a rocket into space which carried teo astronauts to the International Space Station. It was the first time a commercial company had worked with NASA to send humans into space. We did some learning about Neil Armstrong earlier in the year and we were wondering how much you can remember?
Click on this link to access the learning https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zj93bdm
1. Watch the short video about Neil Armstrongs journey into space.
2. Can you complete activity 1 on the daily lesson.
2. Watch the animation in activity 2 on the lesson and see if it answered any of your questions you wanted to ask Neil.
3. Complete activity 3 on the lesson. You can click on the link to download and print the worksheet or you can use the phot below to help you complete the activity.
We would love you to register for this summer’s reading challenge being run by our local library. As we are unable to use our local libraries at the minute, this year’s reading challenge is online. How many challenges can you complete? Regsiter to take part by clicking this link: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
Once you are registered you will be able to complete lots of different reading tasks and there will be lots of fun activities for you to do. We will be posting some of the challenges here to help you complete them. It would be great to get as many of you involved with this as possible!