Good morning Year 4,
Today you will be writing a newspaper report based on the Battle of Hastings. You should have a plan from yesterday or if you look back at yesterday’s blog you can do a quick plan and research before you do today’s task.
I have added a template you could use.
Here are some things to think about. Please write in your own words, avoid copying the one from our reading comprehension on Monday. We will be checking! This is your work.
- A catchy, short and snappy headline – avoid using Battle of Hastings this is a title and tells the reader too much!
- an introduction – using the 5 w’s – who, what, when, where, why
- information about the events before, during and after the Battle of Hastings – use fronted adverbials with a comma.
- add a picture with a caption (describes the picture)
- write in third person – he, she, him, her, them, themselves, they, herself, himself.
- write in past tense
- use directed speech – remember inverted commas
- a conclusion to show what migt happen next – future tense. (will, going to…)
- use columns
Look forward to reading your newspaper report.
The Year 4 Team.