Morning Year 4,
We hope you had a lovely weekend and are ready for the week ahead. Today’s reading comprehension links well with our History Topic on the Battle of Hastings and today you will answering questions about a newspaper. You will be planning and writing your own newspaper article later in the week. Read the newspaper carefully.
Please make sure you answer the questions in full, where necessary.
- What other word means ‘slain’? attacked, killed, danced or defeated
- When were the knights ordered to go to the city?
- Why would they not know the exact number of warriors killed? The answer is not in the text you need to think about this one!
- Why did the invasion happen? (Look at the start of the second column).
- How could King Harold’s army have won? (see what the witness said)
- What is the Norman rule now? (What is the new law?)
Happy Reading. We will be in touch with your plan for a newspaper tomorrow.
The Year 4 Team