Good morning Year 4,
As it is VE day on Friday. We thought today our comprehension would focus on this very significant event in History.
Remember to answer questions in full sentences where possible.
- Which country surrendered in 1945?
- What day is VE Day celebrated in New Zealand?
- Read the section titled What led up to the First VE day? Why do you think a news bulletin interrupted normal programmes?
- Read the section titled Winston Churchill’s address. Find and copy a word that means ‘on-the-spot.’
- Write two ways in which people celebrated on the First VE day?
- Why do you think people were expecting Germany to surrender?
- What do you think ‘VJ Day’ is short for? Explain your reasoning.
- Summarise what life was like after VE Day.
We will not be blogging on Friday but the history task scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has plenty of ideas as to how you can celebrate VE Day.
We will blog again as normal on Monday. Enjoy the long weekend and the sunshine.
Mrs Denny, Mrs Baldry and Miss Bishop.