Year 4 History task
Hi Year 4 Historians!
Today we would like you to investigate the kings and queens from English history! Can you create a timeline of kings and queens from the year 1066 to this year? For each monarch (king/queen) can you write down 5 facts about them and include it on your timeline.
There is a timeline attached to this blog to help you (it’s from twinkl). Make your timeline interesting, include drawings or pictures from the internet to help illustrate your timeline then send us a photograph of what you have done to the usual address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing your timelines. Happy Tuesday!
4 thoughts on “Year 4 History task”
1. William 1 The Conqueror 1066-1087
1. Born on 1028
2. King Henry 1 of France Knighted him at the age of 15
3. He married to Mathilda
4. William was crowned on Christmas Day 1066 in Westminster Abbey
5. He died on 09 September 1087.
2.William II 1087- 1100
1. William II extended is Fathers polices, taking royal power to far North of England.
2. Ruthless in his relations.
3. William extended his grip by attack.
4. Robert went on a crusade in 1096
5. William was shot to death.
3.Henry I’ Beauclerc 1100-1135
1. Henry was on throne by his younger brother.
2. He was crowned after his brother death.
3. The decisive battle happened.
4. A powerful cruel ruler appeared.
5. Henry died in early 1135
4.Stephan and Matilda 1135-1154
1. Stephan was Henrys favourite nephew.
2. They hurried with the sister.
3. Matilda invaded England at 1139
4. 1141 Stephan was captured and his defeat seemed hard.
5. Stephan died before Matilda
5.Henry II ‘Curtmantle’ 1154-1189
1. Henry II over an empire that was expanding the Scottish valleys.
2. He was one of the strongest rulers.
3. Henrys King decided for a marriage.
4. By 1158 Henry returned the crown for loyalty of power.
5. Henry died in a war in France as his brother (Richard) joined the power force to attack Normandy .
6. Richard I Coeur de Lion (1189-1199)
7 John Lackland (1199- 1216)
8 Henry III (1216-1272)
9 Edward I Longshank(1272-1307
10 Edward II (1307-1327
11 Edward III (1327-1377)
12 Richard II (1377-1399)
13 Henry IV (1399-1413)
14 Henry V (1413-1422
15 Henry VI (1422-1461 and 1470-1471
I only can do this much….Sorry.
Don’t be sorry Hargun you have done an incredible job. Thank you Hargun
A HISTORICAL TIME LINE FROM 1066 – 2020
William the Conqueror
1066 – 1087
when he died his stomach exploded and he was a very complicated man.
King John I
1199 – 1216
he was also known as John of lack land and he was implicated in the murder of his own nephew.
King Edward I
1272 – 1307
he was the son of Henry III and he also was known as the Hammer of the Scots.
King Richard III
1483 – 1485
Richard was the 12 child out of 13 children and he spent some of his childhood day’s at Yorkshire castle.
Last Battle Of The War Of The Roses
they spilled a lot of English blood on the soil and slated there enemy’s.
1509 – 1547
he married to his 1 wife for 22 years and he had great legs.
the ship carried 30,000 men and 2,500 guns also there was a plan that if Spain won to England the pope owed them money.
1564 – 1616
His children were illiterate and he was more Jacobean than he was Elizabethan.
King Charles l
1625 – 1649
I married Henrietta Maria who was a Roman Catholic and he was a lucky child.
1760 – 1940
During the industrial revolution, new technology brought many changes and it took place for more than 200 years.
1887 – 1901
when she was 18 years old she became queen and he mother was German
End of Victoria Era
The Victorian Era was filled with the development of new inventions and morals conduct.
Queen Elizabeth ll
She had a English father and a German mother.
Wow impressive timeline Brooke you have been a busy bee. Fantastic