One day, children will learn about the time that the world shut because of Corona virus and they will want to know true life stories of the people that lived through it. They will want to know about the difficulties (not be able to go to school) and the funny parts (not being able to buy toilet paper).
I want you to write a diary entry of a day that you have had so far. This could be about a day before schools closed or after.
Things you might want to include:
– What home learning did you do?
– If you were in school, how many other children were there?
– Did you have your daily exercise? What was it?
– Did you have to face the supermarkets? Which shelves were empty?
– Did you watch Boris’s daily announcement? What were the key messages?
– Did you do anything especially different? i.e. clap for NHS workers, wash your hands before going in to a place, do an online virtual event.
In the comments box, copy one paragraph from your diary.
Age old problems:
- My age this year is a multiple of 8. Next year it will be a multiple of 7. How old am I?
- Last year my age was a square number. Next year it will be a cube number. How old am I? How long must I wait until my age is both a square number and a cube number?
- My Mum was 27 when I was born. 8 years ago she was twice as old as I shall be in 5 years’ time. How old am I now?
Watch the following clip:
What other information can you find out about Langar and the Langar Hall?
Write an explanation about how and why they are used.