Year 3 – Monday 30th March 2020
We hope you’ve had a lovely relaxed weekend and are ready for another week of home learning.
We will still be updating the blog every day with English, Maths and wider curriculum tasks at 9am.
You also have your home learning packs which we sent home.
Don’t forget, we don’t expect you to be doing school work all day, every day!
It’s important that you take regular breaks and, if you can, go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
If you can’t, Joe Wicks will be on his Youtube channel every day with a P.E. lesson that everyone can do.
Find them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
We look forward to seeing your responses throughout the week.
Mrs Beckwith, Miss Lindop, Miss Barden and Miss Willmer.
Here are today’s tasks:
Read the text below and answer the questions in the comments section.
The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter. They lived with their Mother in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very big fir-tree.
“Now, my dears,” said old Mrs. Rabbit one morning, “you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don’t go into Mr. McGregor’s garden: your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor.”
“Now run along, and don’t get into mischief. I am going out.” Then old Mrs. Rabbit took a basket and her umbrella, and went through the wood to the baker’s. She bought a loaf of brown bread and five currant buns.
Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail, who were good little bunnies, went down the lane to gather blackberries; but Peter, who was very naughty, ran straight away to Mr. McGregor’s garden, and squeezed under the gate! First he ate some lettuces and some French beans; and then he ate some radishes; and then, feeling rather sick, he went to look for some parsley. But round the end of a cucumber frame, whom should he meet but Mr. McGregor!
Mr. McGregor was on his hands and knees planting out young cabbages, but he jumped up and ran after Peter, waving a rake and calling out, “Stop thief!”
- What were the names of the four little rabbits?
- What happened to Peter Rabbits father?
- Why were the rabbits left alone?
- Find and copy a phrase which means the rabbits were well behaved.
- Where did the rabbits go once their mother had left?
This is a reminder that you can practice your times tables at: https://ttrockstars.com/
Your username and password are in your packs.
You also have lots of worksheets to complete in your home learning packs.
- Can you put these measurements in order from shortest to longest?
3006m, 3km 600m, 456m, 2km 456m.
- Kate has a piece of ribbon one metre long. She cuts off 30 centimetres. How many centimetres of ribbon are left?
- Lila is making necklaces. She uses 12cm of string for each necklace. If she has 48cm of string. How many necklaces does she make?
Write all of your answers in the comments section.
Watch this video about the symbols of Easter:
What are the main symbols linked to Easter?
What do they each mean?
Finished all of that? Want something else to do?
Very important mission:
Year 3 have been sent a VERY important mission and we would love for as many people as possible to join in with this.
As you know, we are experiencing a very strange time right now and for some people they are going through this alone without any family or friends around them.
Last week, we were asked if we could do something great for the elderly community in Northampton.
Year 3 have been given an address of a lovely elderly person who lives in a care home and we would love for you to send wonderful pictures, cards and letters to this address through the post to help them through this tough time and put a smile on their face.
All you will need is some pens, paper, an envelope and a stamp!
We would love to see pictures of you drawing or writing letters and then posting them into a post box either on the comments or to our year group email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Siblings and other relatives are welcome to join in too.
Year 3 teachers will be joining in with this in the hope that everyone does too!
Here’s the address:
Spencer House Care Home
Room Number 21
The Cheerful Little Letter Project
We look forward to seeing your pictures and letters being posted!
British Sign Language:
Every day at 1pm, Natasha and her sister will be teaching the nation some British Sign Language on Youtube.
They started last week, so you might want to catch up on those videos before you join in today.
Follow this link to find her Youtube channel and click on her video’s called ‘Learn Beginners British Sign Language’
BSL is an important skill that you may need to use one day, even if it is just the basics.
Want to do some reading but have read all of your books at home?
No problem! Listening to a story is just as good as reading one.
18 thoughts on “Year 3 – Monday 30th March 2020”
2km 456m 30006m 3km 600m
I think you might need to have another look at these measurements. A good idea is to convert them all into m to work out the shortest to longest. Remember 1Km = 1000m.
1. What were the names of the four little rabbits?
Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter.
2. What happened to Peter Rabbits father?
Peter rabbits father had an accident.
3. Why were the rabbits left alone?
The rabbits were left alone because their mother had to go to the bakery
4. Find and copy a phrase which means the rabbits were well behaved.
‘who were good little bunnies’
5. Where did the rabbits go once their mother had left?
The rabbits had gone down the line to gather blackberries
1. Can you put these measurements in order from shortest to longest?
456m, 456m,600m, 2km, 3km, 3006m
2. Kate has a piece of ribbon one metre long. She cuts off 30 centimetres. How many centimetres of ribbon are left?
3. Lila is making necklaces. She uses 12cm of string for each necklace. If she has 48cm of string. How many necklaces does she make?
4 because 4 times 12 is 48 and 48 divided by 4 equals
Some fabulous, in-depth answers here, Maharshi! Well done, keep up the good work! Mrs B and Miss Lindop 🙂
dear mrs becwith
1.flopsy,mopsy,cottontail and peter
2.his father had a accident.
3.the mother went to the bakery.
4.good little bunnys
5.they went to the blackberry garden but not peter.
We wonder what kind of accident Peter’s father got into…? Great answers, Amrit! Mrs B and Miss Lindop 🙂
Hello Mrs Beckwith
1)The rabbits names were Flopsy,Cottontail,Mopsy and Peter.
2) Peters father had an accident in Mr McGregors garden and Mrs McGregor put him in a pie she baked.
3) Mrs Rabbit left the rabbits alone because she went to the bakery to buy food. She brought a loaf of brown bread and some currant buns.
4) Flopsy,Mopsy and Cottontail were good little bunnies.
5) When Mrs Rabbit left the rabbits went to the lane to pick blackberries except Peter. He was naughty and ran to Mr McGregors garden.
Fantastic job, Erin! Well done for answering in full sentences! Keep up the good work! Mrs B and Miss Lindop 🙂
Good morning everyone!
Q1. Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, Peter.
Q2. Peter Rabbits father had an accident in Mr. McGregors garden, he was put into a pie by Mrs McGregor.
Q3. They were left alone because their mum was going out to the bakers.
Q4. “Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail, who were good little bunnies, went down the lane to gather blackberries.
Q5. Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail went down the lane to gather blackberries, but Peter was very naughty, ran straight to Mr McGregor’s garden.
1) After several attempts
2) 70cm of ribbon are left.
3) 4 necklaces are made. (Erin did a diversion sum to work out her answer)
Fantastic, Maja! We hope you enjoyed the reading from Peter Rabbit! 🙂
1. 456m, 2km 456m, 3006m, 3km 600m.
Kate has 70cm of ribbon left.
3. 48÷12= 4
Lila can make 4 necklaces 12 cm long.
Excellent! You can tell you have remembered some important things to help you with measurements, Maja! 🙂
1) What were the names of the four little rabbits?
The names of the four little rabbits are: Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter.
2) What happened to Peter Rabbits father?
Peter Rabbits farther was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor.
3) Why were the rabbits left alone?
The rabbits were left alone because their mum took her basket and umbrella and went through the woods to the bakery.
4) Find and copy a phrase which means the rabbits were well behaved.
” Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail, who were good little bunnies, went down the lane to gather blackberries (…)”
5) Where did the rabbits go once their mother had left?
Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail went down the lane to gather blackberries, but Peter Rabbit was a little naughty bunny and went straight into Mr. McGregor’s garden.
1) Can you put these measurements in order from shortest to longest?
456m – 2km 456m – 3006m – 3km 600m
2) Kate has a piece of ribbon one metre long. She cuts off 30 centimetres. How many centimetres of ribbon are left?
The answer is: There are 70 centimetres of ribbon left
1m = 100cm
100cm – 30cm = 70cm
3) Lila is making necklaces. She uses 12cm of string for each necklace. If she has 48cm of string. How many necklaces does she make?
48 divided by 12 = 4 to check 4 x 12 = 48
The answer is : Lila will make 4 necklaces.
1) What are the main symbols linked to Easter?
Hot Cross Buns
2) What do they each mean?
Easter Bunny – in Pagan religion hare was thought to be good at breeding and so they have become a representation of a new live. Over time people changed it to rabbit and that’s why nowadays we see chocolate rabbits.
Eggs – represent rebirth or continuing life and this fits in with Christian message of Jesus rising from dead
Hot Cross Buns – they ‘re traditionally eaten on Good Friday. Christian’s say that the cross on the top of the bun represents how Jesus died on the cross, known as the Crucifixion.
Another fabulous set of answers here, Maja! Keep up the good work! Miss Lindop 🙂
1. Flopsy Mopsy, Cotontail and Peter
2. Peter Rabits Father Got Killed And Was Put In A Pie
.3 The Rabbits Were Left Alone Because Their Mother Was Going Out
4. Flopsy Mopsy. And Cotontail Who Were Good
5.The Girls Didn’t Go At Mcgregers Garden But Peter Did
6 add 2 add 1 is top row
1 and 5 and 3. Is right downwards column
6 add 2 add 1 for Is. Left downwards column
3 and 5 and1
My Mom Said The Last One Is Ok
456m , 2 km 456 m ,3 km 6 m , 3 km 600 m
Kate had 70 cm of ribon left
Lila made 4 necklaces
I miss Miss Lindop and Miss Barden !
Hello Michelle, Well done on these answers, you have put deep thought into them! We hope you are well and we miss you too!!
Miss Lindop 🙂
So her mother could get food
Flopsy, Mopsy,cottentail were goodlittle bunnies.
Peter went to MC gerngells garden an d the others went to pick berries.