Year 3 – Monday 23rd March 2020
Read the text below and write a summary of the events in the comments section:
Grey flakes fall from the clouds, thick and fast now, as though the sky itself is breaking into pieces and tumbling down to the ground. My frantic paws barely skim the unploughed earth as I race towards the town and I’m just yards from a vegetable patch when –
The mountain roars. The sound fills my insides as though it is rolling through every dog, tree, rock and two-leg: a heavy, impossible sound that I feel in my bones. The mountain’s fury tears great claw marks across the earth and bundles me off my feet, pulling down walls and toppling olive trees. I pant desperately through the dust, and dart away just in time to avoid a wooden roof as it slides downwards and crumbles on impact with the ground. I feel my legs trembling and I wonder if Claudia was right – maybe I should be saving myself.
Steeling myself, I glance back at the fields that were once my home…
…and the sight of what dominates the sky roots me to the spot.
My coat has three different buttons.
Sometimes, I do them up starting with the top button. Sometimes, I start somewhere else.
Hints and Tips
- Do you always have to start with the same button?
- How will you remember the ways you’ve found?
- Use 3 objects as pretend buttons.
Write your answers in the comments.
Follow the link, read through the slides.
What is the importance of the Easter story?
Write your answer in the comments.
Looking for something extra to fill the time?
Joe Wicks is doing daily PE lessons live on his Youtube channel at 9am.
Why don’t you join in and get active with him?
8 thoughts on “Year 3 – Monday 23rd March 2020”
The importance of Easter story is that Jesus is the son of God. He died on the cross and came back to live the next day to tell people that he will be in heaven with his father.
Wonderful precise explanation of the importance of the Easter story, Maja. Just what we were looking for. Well done! I look forward to seeing your responses tomorrow. Miss Lindop
Well done Maja. You are the first to comment on the Year 3 blog. Hope you are okay and you enjoyed the sunshine today.
SECTION 1 – Reading: Summary of events
1) Grey flakes start to fall from the heavy clouds and the Mount Vesuvius starts to roar.
2) The destructive mountain’s fury falls down to the earth by pulling down walls and toppling olive trees.
3) The main character manages to escape from the falling wooden roof.
4) With the sigh of relief the narrator looks back at what used to be his home.
SECTION 2 – Maths
1) Do you always have to start with the same button? Answer is no
2) How will you remember the ways you’ve found? Answer is you can memorise the pattern if you remember the order of your coloured buttons.
3) There are 4 possible ways you can button up your jacket.
SECTION 3 – What is the importance of the Easter Story?
Answer is: The importance of the Easter Story is that Jesus has Risen from Dead and the symbol of Jesus rebirth is the egg which is new beginning to a new life.
Some great answers here. Thank you for answering in full sentences, Maja. I can’t wait to see your responses today. Remember to have some time outside today, the sun will be shining! Miss Lindop
What a fabulous response. You are a superstar!!
The importance of the Easter story is that Jesus sacrificed himself to make people happy because that is what God would have wanted.
Thank you for your answer, Jaiden. Well done! Keep working hard. Remember it is important to have some time outside, especially as the sun has decided to come out! Miss Lindop