Before we begin here are our reminders for coming back to school.
- Please please remember to send your child into school on Monday with their phonics folder containing thier board, pen (understandably some of these will have run out and do not need to be returned) and rubber – this is the most important thing to remember as we need them to be able to continue teaching phonics in school.
- Please return the dice, number track and part-part whole laminated sheet in the large plastic home learning wallets but feel free to keep the other resources.
- Please remember to book a hot dinner for your children – unless they are having a packed lunch.
- Packed lunches need to be healthy and balanced – a sandwich or wrap, a piece of fruit, a yoghurt and a biscuit is plenty of food for a child in Reception, often children have so much food they struggle to eat it. No sweets and chocolate bars.
- Please send in any work that your child has been doing at home as we will stick it into their books when they return to school.
- Tuesday is PE day, the children should come into school wearing their PE kit, if it is cold, of course they can wear their jumpers and leggings/joggers.
- Additional Snack The council provide a fruit snack everyday free of charge, but we ask for £1 per week to provide the children with an additional snack to have during our ‘Snack and Chat’ sessions.
- Thank you
Good morning children and grown ups! Welcome to today’s learning, we hope you have enjoyed the week so far, we enjoyed hearing your predictions about the Starry Night story – there were some fabulous ideas! We will finish the story today, but first, let’s have a vocabulary re-cap.
Now on to our phonics lessons!
More again of the same today. How are you all getting on with the /ai/ sound?
More sh and ch for you again today. Doesn’t phonics become more exciting the more sounds you learn!
Please choose session 3 from the White Rose website
Today Mrs Whitestone needs to practice her subtraction skills…
It’s time for the second part of our story Katie and the Starry Night – we will find out if your predictions were right – but remember if they weren’t that doesn’t mean that they were bad, you all had some great ideas!
This activity was a particular favourite of some of yours. You don’t need to have more than one type of hooped cereal but its great for making patterns with if you have. Some of you were very creative with your methods for holding the spaghetti too!
Understanding the World
Mrs Henderson has been finding out about one of the most famous sculptures in the world! She is going to tell you all about it, and then she challenges you to see what you can find out about it.
Expressive Arts and Design
Today Mrs O’Hagan would like you to create your own star –
Mrs Whitestone has a story for you today all about a little boy called Duncan who wanted to do some colouring but his crayons had gone! Listen to the story to find out why!
The Day the Crayons Quit is one of our favourites here in Reception! It is a very funny book, hope you enjoyed it as much as we do. Have you been enjoying the Starry Night story? Wouldn’t it be amazing to go inside a painting! Well done on all your predictions yesterday and good luck with your stars today!