HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Good morning, everyone!
It is Earth Day today which is a day where we focus on the Earth we live on and how we can look after it and all of the living things on it.
In between your home learning tasks for today, why not explore this website and discover lots of information and fun facts about Earth.
Thank you again for joining in with and completing the daily tasks on the blog.
If you are having a go at the tasks on paper or in books then do let us know what you’ve completed by commenting at the bottom of the page.
Here are today’s tasks:
Your task is to write a set of instructions on how to make your favourite sandwich/wrap/pitta/roll for lunch.
You need to think about:
- Everything you need to make your item (bread, filling, spread, equipment)
- Each step you take to make your item (you may need an adult to help you with this bit).
Once you have thought about this you need to make a list of things you would need and then give detailed instructions on how to make your chosen item so that if someone wanted to, they could make one just like yours.
Here’s an example of how Miss Lindop makes her favourite sandwich!
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich
You will need:
- 2 slices of brown bread
- Smooth peanut butter
- Raspberry jam
- First, get the 2 slices of brown bread and butter one side of each of them with the knife.
- Then, spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread on top of the butter.
- Next, spread the jam on the other slice of bread, on top of the butter.
- After that, put the two slices together so the jam and peanut butter are now touching.
- Carefully cut the sandwich into the desired shape (triangles are the best!).
- Finally, place your sandwich on a plate and enjoy!
This is a reminder that you can practice your times tables at: https://ttrockstars.com/
Your username and password are in your packs.
You also have lots of worksheets to complete in your home learning packs.
If you can’t find your login, send the Year 3 team an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can send it to you!
Today we are going to be looking at adding money. It is important that you know the different ways to add it all up.
- find coins that make one pound and then what you have left over
- add up each coin or note until you’ve counted them all (remember not to keep numbers in your head, write it down!)
Have a look at this example:
Now have a go at these questions:
Watch the video below paying close attention to the parts of a plant mentioned.
Once the video is finished you need to draw a plant, it can be any type or colour, and label the parts of the plant that are mentioned in the video with their jobs. We’ll give you a clue, you should have 4 things labelled!
Finished all of that? Want something else to do?
Let’s recap some of the things we did before the Easter break, have a go and see if you can remember your numbers and this time, you’ll be learning more than just 1-10!
Want to do some reading but have read all of your books at home?
No problem! Listening to a story is just as good as reading one.